Glass Act

Today's blog is brought to you from the comfort of my bed. Ahh~ technology makes me so lazy.

Some of you may know that I've been taking up a new hobby these past few months: jewelry making. I mainly work with glass beads (hence, the blog title) as I think they are the most elegant looking jewelry pieces around. I'm not that good yet, but I definitely learn something new with each creation.

Yesterday when I started working on a pair of earrings I was finding myself getting frustrated because there was just something off about them. In my head, I had envisioned just sliding a few beads here and there and finishing the earrings off with a ribbon at the ends- I figured it'd take me a good 10 minutes and then I could go back to watching my Korean drama. But jewelry making is an artform of its own and it can't be a rush job unless you want something disastrous.

So, I decided to sleep on it and try again today. And, after playing around and researching several designs online, I finally realized it was the balance between the larger and smaller pieces. Interesting.

I finally finished the earrings and just wanted to share a picture here of them. I used charms from the Black Lace line which can be purchased from Michael's. Cute eh? :)









And now my bed is becoming even more comfortable...time for some shut-eye!

Good night! ☆

P.S. Oh, and I did steal my title from the name of this woman's jewelry line: www.theartfulcrafter.com/. She had some useful tips for beginners like myself. Please check her out if you are interested in starting jewelry making. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

don't worry, have a cupcake Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez